Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Mann Ka Radio..Signal Nahi Mila??
Yes and No.Yes , I am talking about music-director turned singer turned Actor's new movie "Radio". No,I didn't dare to see it. The trailers of the movie were good though they did not serve the purpose of attracting the audience. Infact they gave us a clear picture of what misery is in store for us if we dare to step into the theatre to watch the movie. In that sense i would say the trailer was good..infact honest. The first trailer where Shehnaz asks Himesh "Whats Your relationship status?" and gets a reply "Complicated" is outright hillarious though Himesh has tried his level best to give a serious answer. You cant stop laughing at his expression when he says "Complicated" - as if all the girls in the world are running behind him - something not remotely possible, even if he is the last man alive on the earth. As I said , the trailer itself conveyed the fate of the film - that it would be a disaster. Neverthless i wanted to find out how big a disaster it was (Ofcourse I could not pluck up the courage to watch it) . I confined myself to review instead. Masand's review -"an unintentionally hilarious film that unsuccessfully tries to tap the youth and its preoccupation with current fads - from social networking sites like Facebook, to idle chats in coffee-shops. " Trying to tap the youth uh? But did anyone find slightest trace of youth in the movie?? Only saving grace about the movie according to me was Himesh being cast opposite people who seems to be in par with his age instead of playing leading man to girls half his age. What say?? In times when people are making sensible movies there are still people who make totally dumb movies.Probably trying to strike a balance :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
laughing and crying.I am laughing uncontrollably and if Mr.Reshamiyya reads this he is going to cry miserably .
ReplyDeleteTruly hilarious....
You put it in a nice way.
You wrote this just by watching the trailer???? maybe that is the reason this post is small
Why don't you watch the movie and write a bigger post??? I am sure I am going enjoy reading it :)
ha ha..just kidding...Good work though!!!!!