Friday, February 6, 2009

Dreams..Destiny



Dreams-This word is as close to my heart as is my heartbeat . I have always believed in the saying :


"It is not a calamity to die with dreams unfulfilled. It is a calamity not to have dreams to live for"


We often come across the saying "Man is the maker of his own destiny". And it is so very true.When we fail we usually attribute it to fate. But is there anything like fate?We usually don't pluck up the courage to accept our mistakes and take aide of "fate" to account for our failures.Actually it is our actions and only our actions that decide our success or our failure.You may be thinking that I am digressing from the topic I have started. But I would say I am not.


Dreams and Destiny are closely entwined virtues. How?
I would describe the relation in a single line.."Destiny is the concrete and tangible form of Dream"

I came across a book by Robert Schuller-"Life is not fair, But God is Good".I was very much fascinated and inspired by the core concept of the book "Dreams and its role in evolution of mankind".In the book, Schuller describes that its not the dream that is born out an individual, but it is the individual who evolves from the dream.Schuller explains how an individual grows and identifies his true self in the pursuit of realizing his dream.


This concept strengthened my belief in the role of dreams in shaping up a person's destiny It is what we dream, what we aspire that will decide what we eventually become.Every being on earth has a purpose for its existence and dreams is the medium through which God communicates it.And in realizing our dreams we realize our destiny and fulfill the purpose of our very existence.


Many of us would have compromised with our dreams, some due to indecisiveness, some due to personal problems and most of us due to one reason-Unwillingness to take risk and we land up doing something just because everyone else does it .


But the path to reaching our destiny may be the one that is less taken and we don’t even look at it. By taking risk we may lose something. But by not taking we will lose everything. We will lose our very purpose of existence.Following our dreams is a risk worth taking.So People I would like to end my take on dreams with the note:


"Lets follow our dreams and realize our true self and carve a niche for ourself"

3 comments:

  1. Clear, Crisp and Thought-Provoking Narration.

    Loved your work and am Looking forward for many more such articles...
    and yes, I have something to add, Do try writing some fun filled articles too.Well, I am saying this because I would soon be a frequent visitor to your blog and would like to see you pen down various subjects[Comedy, SocialIssues etc....].
    Gud Luck Sis.....!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Revathi,
    Firstly, welcome to the blogosphere - A place that is exclusively for your cribs,grunts and laughs!

    Secondly, Nice post ( a rather serious one!) to start off with. I liked the interlinking of destiny and desire, a definite implication that self-will can make things happen. As you said it is the prime responsibility of every individual to explore and fulfill his/her purpose of existence.

    Destiny is not something that God gives you, Its something that a man compels God to grant - purely out of his unfailing determination and will.

    Nice one. Keep writing :)

    cheers
    rammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. Liked the idea. But sometimes, despite of all that we dream about and we crave for, we have to succumb to our fate. Though a bit contradictory, its common with us I think.

    Good work. Keep more posts coming...and yeah something on lighter side also :)

    ReplyDelete